Thursday, August 22, 2013

Moving sucks.....

Tomorrow is one year of living in our house in the Buffalo suburbs. As this anniversary is upon us, it makes me think about all of our moves.  Growing up, I lived in the same house my whole life until I went to college. After college, my hubs landed a job with the railroad and they love to move your ass all over the place. I will say the railroad takes care of you when you move.  It's pretty insane to watch a professional mover perfectly pack your entire life into boxes in a matter of hours.  This was not the case when my husband and I moved from our apartment in Cleveland to our house also in Cleveland. Cleveland was our first location and we started out in an apartment on the west side of the city.  Once the Hubs got a few promotions and we found that we were here for the long haul, we bought a house on the east side of Cleveland. That didn't last too long as we soon shipped out for the Hudson Valley. We went from the suburbs of a major city to the very rural of central New York State. We must have looked at 30 houses all while living in a slummy dump I found on Craigslist (bless our realtor.... He was so patient). We found a great house (it was one of the first houses we looked at..... Typical) and really settled in and felt at home there, so of course it was time to move again.  This move was extra exciting because we had just discovered that we were expecting our Little Peanut, so this move also meant finding a new ob/gyn ASAP in Buffalo.  Awesome.  This was by far our easiest move so far, I think just because we are getting the hang of it and the Buffalo housing market was a breeze for us to find a great house. 3 cities in 7 years..... Just leaves me wondering where we are going to end up next?

No comments:

Post a Comment