Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Cooking baby food..... Part 1

When I had my Little Peanut, I decided to make her baby food myself. My husband gave me the Beaba Babycook which is an awesome, idiot proof invention for cooking, purveying and reheating baby food. Chop the food, add water, and let it steam until you need to purée which is done in the same bowl.  Super easy, right?  I love it!  I have tried to be creative and mix up some interesting combinations.  Avocado, banana, butternut squash, peaches (My favorite!) and zucchini have all been a hit.  Carrots, parsnips, and summer squash have not really been So popular.  I have been building quite a stockpile since its summer and the best stuff is in season right now.
 My current stockpile of what's in the freezer. 



The thing we are struggling with is anything slightly chunky. The Little Peanut will gag whenever she eats anything with chunks in it, often resulting in a reversal of fortune (throw up). I will try again soon, I'm sure she will come around when the time is right......she is stubborn and wants to do everything on her own schedule....kinda like her mom.... She's stubborn just like me and I couldn't be more proud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment