Thursday, March 20, 2014

Naan pizza

So I used to work for an Indian company. All of the execs were obviously Indian (duh) and would take us to Indian restaurants whenever they came to town. I was always wary of Indian food because I don't like anything really hot. While the jury is still out on most Indian food ( I always ordered the same chicken dish because I knew it worked for me) I discovered the awesomeness of naan. It's this amazing Indian bread/pita type thing and I could eat it by the ton. They had it at my local Wegman's (best grocery store EVER) so I picked it up.  This naan pizza was specifically for my Little Peanut, so I hid some veggies in there just for her. I used a base of Alfredo sauce, chopped broccoli and cauliflower, leftover ranch chicken (chicken thighs tossed in panko and Hidden Valley ranch seasoning mix, then baked) and covered the whole thing with mild white cheddar and muenster. 


This isn't the best photo as the pizza is half eaten at this point, but you get the idea.  Super tasty and so easy because all ingredients were leftovers except the Alfredo sauce.  Little Peanut liked it, slinky book that's a gold star for Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment